Choose your Schedule
• DeLano Farms Market (357 West E Ave)
Monday 4-6:30pm OR Thursday 4-6:30pm
• Nature's Way Preschool (4442 Oakland Drive at Kilgore)
Thursday 5-7pm (limited to 50 shares at the Nature's Way location)
See what we grew this season!
Meet the Farm Staff
Lisa Nevala Panich, Marketing/Communications/Sales
(269) 381-1574 ext. 38
Jenn Wright, VP of Education
(269) 381-1574 ext. 27
Eating with the Seasons
Become a shareholder in DeLano Farms. It's local and good for so many reasons. 2014 Shares Now Available!
Questions? Call Lisa at (269) 381-1574 ext. 38.
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA, is a great way for your family to enjoy local, fresh food all summer long while connecting to the farm each week when you pick up your weekly produce. By purchasing a CSA share you become a "shareholder" in the farm.
Participation in the DeLano Farms CSA is an added benefit to being a member of the Kalamazoo Nature Center. The DeLano Farms CSA will run from mid-June through October. Online payment plan available until February 28. Sign up by 2/28/14 and spread your payments out until June.
Reasons to Join:
• DeLano Farms food is fresh, locally grown, environmentally friendly, and a good value.
• Receive the finest produce in your share.
• Try new foods and enjoy all your favorites too.
• Pick up your share right where your food is grown at the Farm or take advantage of the convenience of our Portage delivery at Nature’s Way Preschool
• Add value to your share with the popular U-pick and enjoy a fun family activity.
• Connect with the people who grow your food and the land it is grown on.
• Learn about your food through fun informative programs and demonstrations., including visits from local chefs.
• Help others when excess food is donated to local charitable organizations.
Shareholders are not required to work on the farm but we welcome volunteers!
We are excited to “plant the seed” for you to start thinking about volunteer opportunities for 2014. We will have opportunities for all levels of experience and involvement, indoors and out! Volunteer positions will range from adopting a plot in the educational garden, checking in and helping fellow CSA members select their veggies at pick-up, orient members at the U-pick on Mondays, Thursday, or Saturdays, and work on the farm! Keep your ears and eyes open for these positions as we plan for the spring and summer growing season.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
For more information about the CSA, email Lisa Panich, Communications Coordinator.
Visit the Michigan Good Food website! Michigan Good Food is an initiative to develop a policy agenda that supports Good Food in Michigan - food that is healthy, green, fair and affordable.
Kalamazoo Nature Center • 7000 North Westnedge Avenue • Kalamazoo, MI 49009
PHONE (269) 381-1574 • FAX (269) 381-2557